Skip to main content

Teen MyCash important information

Check out some important information on our products. If you need more details, call us or drop into your local branch.

Don't pay any silly fees

MyCash ATM Account holders are eligible for fee and charge exemptions as outlined in our Personal and Business Banking Charges brochure. Some charges may apply. Any items that are returned unpaid (including Direct Debits and Standing Orders) will incur the appropriate unpaid item charge. ATM transaction charges apply on Euro withdrawals outside the EU and on all non-Euro withdrawals.

In order to receive this benefit MyCash ATM Account holders must notify branch staff at the time of transaction of their wish to be exempt.

Applying is easy

To open a MyCash ATM Account applicants must be between the ages of 12 and 18 years old.

Earn interest on your account

DIRT (Deposit Interest Retention Tax) is charged on the interest you earn. A lower rate of interest will apply to the entire balance if your balance is €20,000 or over. Please see our rate notices available in any branch for further details.

Why do we need proof of your PPSN/Tax Reference Number?

From 29th June 2009, financial institutions are obliged to request customers to provide their tax reference number (e.g. Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) or Corporation Tax number) when they open a new current or deposit account which may give rise to the payment of such interest by their financial institution.

Under the Regulations, this number will be included in the annual return of interest to the Revenue Commissioners. Financial institutions are also obliged to request personal customers to provide suitable documentation to verify their PPSN (in the form of an Employment Detail Summary P60, Notice of Tax Credits, Payslip, Tax Assessment etc). It should be noted that the PPSN will only be used for the purpose of making this annual return to the Revenue Commissioners.

If customers fail, for whatever reason, to provide their tax reference number and/or the PPSN supporting documentation, financial institutions are required to indicate this on the annual return of interest. These regulations and guidance notes are available on the Revenue website.

The following documentation (original or copy) may be used to verify the tax reference number as required under the current regulations:

  • Employment Detail Summary (P60)
  • P45
  • Statement of Liability (P21) 
  • Payslip (where employer is identified by name or tax number)
  • Drug payment scheme card
  • European health insurance card
  • Tax Assessment
  • Tax Return Form
  • PAYE Notice of Tax Credits
  • Child Benefit Award Letter /Book
  • Pension Book
  • Social Services card

Confused? Don't be.

  • Bank Cards Guide - What’s up with all those cards? We’ll explain all the features of our ATM cards, debit cards and credit cards.
  • Banktionary - What's that again? We'll explain all the bank jargon you need to know.
  • You're secure - We keep your money safe and secure.
Back to top
Page loading
Close takeover popup
PTSB logo

Altogether more human